Please read our rental policies
Driver must be 23yrs* old and have a valid Full Driving License held for at least one year. An International Driving License is required by Greek Law for all renters that are not citizens of the European Community or who do not have a European Driver's permit. An International Driving License must accompany Driving License in characters that are not readable in English or Greek. The maximum rental age is 65 years. * Renters aged between 21-22yrs old will be subject to Young Drivers' Surcharge. Cost is 7€ daily with maximum charge 49€ per vehicle (7 days) and is payed locally.
Additional drivers are subject to the same age and license requirements as the renter of the vehicle. Surcharge for each additional driver is 3€ per day with maximum 35€ (7 days).
Three days or contact our office at 0030 2695 100483 and 0030 6984293864.
When collecting the vehicle:
- All drivers need to bring:
- A valid Full Driving License.
- Passport or ID
- Reservation number
- The renter will be given a Rental Agreement which he must check and sign. The Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/ insurances that the renter might request with their relevant charges.
- It is very important that the renter checks and reports any means of damage on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter.
In case the renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without any written or telephone conversation, ZakynthosRent a car will cancel the reservation after 1 hour and reserves the right to charge the renter one day rental of the car group reserved.
The vehicle is delivered to the renter in good overall condition and without apparent defects. Any complaints as to its condition must be made to ZakynthosRent a car immediately on delivery. The renter agrees to return it with all accessories and in the same condition at the location, time and date designated in the agreement, otherwise renter will be responsible to compensate ZakynthosRent a car in addition to the normal rental charge. ZakynthosRent a car reserves the right to take back the vehicle at any time without demand at renter's expense if the vehicle is used in violation of the Rental agreement.
Condition of Use
The renter is expected to look after the vehicle, to check its mechanical condition, oil and water level, tires etc. and generally to behave in a prudent manner. Any repair of vehicle by renter or any other person without permission is not allowed. Vehicle must not be used: a) to carry persons or property for hire, b) to tow any vehicle, trailer or other object c) to participate or to follow Rallies d) when renter or any authorized driver is under influence of alcohol, medication, drugs, etc. e) in contravention of any customs, traffic or other regulations f) by any other than renter and any additional driver for purpose contrary to Greek Laws.
At the end of the agreed rental period, ZakynthosRent a car allows a grace period of 30 minutes charge after which, the renter will be charged with a minimum of one full day rental.
An initial deposit will be secured at the time of booking confirmation. Accepted: cash and all credit cards. In case of credit card payment, please request it from ZakynthosRent a car in advance.
In case of cancellation of a reservation made through the internet, during the period of 15 days before the rental starting date, ZakynthosRent a car has the right to charge a fee of 20€ per reservation. (Cancellation fee will apply to reservations with pick up dates less than 15 days too.) Cancellations have to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All authorized drivers of ZakynthosRent a car vehicles are covered with Full insurance (CDW).
Collision Damage Waiver
Full Insurance (CDW)
All our rates include Full Insurance (Collision Damage Waiver) with excess amount (depending on the car category chosen) that covers repair cost in case of an accident. It is valid only under the condition that the Greek Traffic Law has not been violated. This type of insurance is not valid for damages to interior, windows, glass screens, rims, canvas roofs, wheel covers, mirrors, the antenna, car roof, tires, underside of the vehicle and other accessories.
Third Party Insurance (TPI)
Third Party Insurance covers:
Damages to third party property and car
Passengers of other car
Passenger of rental car except the driver which is covered from PAI
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
Personal accident insurance covers the driver and is included in the price.
Personal Belongings & Valuables
Zakynthos Rent a car is not liable for personal belongings / Valuables that were stolen / lost from the vehicle or damaged during an accident.
Fire and Terrorist Act Coverage
Prices include Fire and Terrorist Act coverage.
Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)
All our cars can be rented with Super Collision Damage Waiver (except for convertibles) with no excess that covers repair cost including damages to interior, glass screens, rims, canvas roofs, wheel covers, mirrors, the antenna, car roof, tires, underside of the vehicle and other accessories. SCDW is optional and you can request it locally. The cost per day to benefit SCDW is 7€. It is valid only under the condition that the Greek traffic law has not been violated.
No insurance coverage is valid:
- If the driver of the vehicle is unauthorized by ZakynthosRent a car and therefore not included as a driver in the rental agreement.
- When the driver causes an accident under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- When the car is not returned on date and time of return
- When the car was driven with a flat tire
- When the driver violates Greek Traffic Law by driving fast and recklessly
- If the car has been driven on non asphalt paved roads, taking part in car races or other illegal activities.
- If the driver doesn't take all the necessary precaution measures for secure parking and locking of the car.
- If the car is illegally parked.
- Loss or damage of the key
- If the vehicle is damaged or stolen by renter's culpability or negligence, the renter will be liable, up to the total car's commercial value at the time of accident or theft.
- Damage caused intentionally or by negligence.
- Damage caused by incorrect fuel.
- Damage caused as a result of a breach of the rental agreement's terms and conditions.
- Damage caused while ZakynthosRent a car vehicle was on board ship.
Loss or damage of key
- In case of loss or damage of car key during the rental, the renter is liable for the following charges:
- 200€ for Mini and Economy category
- 250€ for Compact category
- 320€ for Executive, Convertible, Full size and Mini Van category
In case of an accident
In case of an accident or any other incident (fire, theft etc.) the renter is responsible to follow the insurance procedure as set below:
- Contact ZakynthosRent a car immediately
- Telephone: +30 2695 100483
- Mobile: +30 6984293864
- Take photos of the accident
- Obtain names and addresses of eyewitnesses and the name and addresses of the driver and the data of the vehicle, with which the rental vehicle may have collided.
- Do not acknowledge third party claims
- Complete and sign an accident report
- Do not accept any responsibility or fault for the accident, until the police have found the guilty party.
- Call the police if necessary
Traffic violation Fines and Administrative Sanctions
Tickets and appended administrative sanctions resulting from any violation of the Greek Traffic Law during the rental period, are solely the renter's responsibility. If any such administrative sanction is not disclosed to ZakynthosRent a car at the end of the rental period (contract), the violation will be charged to the renter.
Administration Fee for Fines
The renter is liable for the payment of all traffic fines that may occur during the car rental. In case the renter does not pay the fine(s) and ZakynthosRent a car intervenes in the procedure, there will be an Administration Fee for the fine of 25€ additional to the fine's cost.
Transport of the rental car by Ferry is allowed only with prior written agreement from ZakynthosRent a car. Please note that any damage to the vehicle during transit will be not covered by any insurance.
Incident/accident Administration Fee
In case of an accident, according to the article K70 of the Greek Traffic Law, the renter is obliged to complete an incident report form and pay a non refundable fee of 50€ in order to cover administration expenses regardless of his responsibility.
Delivery and Collection is free
Delivery and collection is free only in the area of Sarakinado and only during office hours (9.00-13.00 & 18.00-21.00). After Office Hours Delivery and Collection are subject to a 15€ charge and is payed locally.
Fuel is always paid by the renter. The renter is obliged to return the vehicle with the same level of fuel, when the rental period began otherwise a charge of gasoline* in addition to a refueling fee of 10€ will apply.
Only UNLEADED FUEL to be used in our vehicles. ZakynthosRent a car does not give refunds for excess fuel.
* Depends on the valid average fuel cost.
ZakynthosRent a car reserves the right to provide a different car model to that originally reserved of an equivalent or higher model type. Cars are reserved by car category and not by car model.
Available only on request and are charged 4€ per day.
Available only on request and charged 3€ per day.
All rates and charges include VAT 23% and Local Taxes.
The renter and the representative acknowledge that they acquire no rights other than the ones stated in the rental agreement.
All additional authorized drivers are jointly and separately liable with renter under the rental agreement.
The rental agreement supersedes any other written or verbal agreement between ZakynthosRent a car and renter.
Any and all disputes which may appeal between ZakynthosRent a car and renter will be settled before the competent courts of Greece.
If the renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he has to contact ZakynthosRent a car in order to extend his Rental Agreement upon availability.
Terms and Rates
Terms and Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Rates in force on commencement of rental period will apply as approved by the Greek National Tourist Association.